Protecting Your Privacy
We are bound by, and will abide by, the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 (“Privacy Act”). This is in addition to our existing obligations under the Privacy Act.
(accessed 8th May 2014)
What personal information do we collect and hold?
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect includes your name, your residential address, email address, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card or debit card details and products and services we provide to you. If you choose not to allow us to collect this personal information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require. For legal reasons this information may need to be held by us after your account has been finalised.
How do we use personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used solely for the purpose of processing your order and communicating with you about:
- returns and exchange authorisations;
- emailing you tax invoices;
- delivery of the products you have purchased;
- dispatch and tracking information;
- providing you with the products and services you have asked for;
- administering your account;
Disclosure of personal information
We may use or disclose your personal information to organisations outside Acacia Products and its related companies for purposes relating to the management of your account with us. Such organisations include:
- service providers who manage the services provided to you;
- transport and mailing systems which organise delivery of the products you have purchased;
- professional advisers, accountants, lawyers, auditors.
We require these organisations to adhere to strict confidentiality about your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the National Privacy Principles.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose, you can e-mail us accordingly.
We will only preserve the content of any e-mail you send us if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so.